Architect  
   

Robert Maclaren Love was born in 1887 he was educated at Kingswood School, Bath. At the age of 24 he began his architecural education that he completed in 1914 and then became an associate of the RIBA. During the First world War he joined the Derbyshire Yeomanry and served in Egypt and Palestine until 1919.

On his return from the Great War he worked as Chief Assistant Architect to Cecil Howitt in Nottingham who was responsible for Nottingham’s significant ‘Homes for Heroes’ programme after the great war.

Robert Loved then moved to work in Malaya for the P.W.D. Straits Settlements. Following this he moved to Singapore where he was appointed practice manager of the architectural practice Booty & Edwards. Robert Love designed and managed the construction of a number of significant buildings in and around Singapore.

In 1926 Robert Love returned to England and worked in Southport as architect to the Borough Engineer assisting in the design of Southport Bathing Lake.

In 1928 he then moved abroad again and worked in New Delhi, India as Chief Architect in his department designing a number of civic buildings in and around New Delhi assisting Sir Edwin Lutyens in the design of the buildings required in the planning of the new capital.

Following his recognition in 1932 as Fellow of the RIBA, he returned to England to work for the Ministry of Health. He worked for the Ministry as Regional Architect until his retirement.

The Close was designed in 1933 and completed in 1935. Robert Love would have been 48 at the time The Close was completed.

 
 

 

 
 
                   
     
Designed by: MR Design
 
© 2019
 

All Rights Reserved